Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Best Chocolate Buttercream

I know this is a repost, but I wanted to share this recipe again.






I've made chocolate buttercreams before, but this one is a KEEPER. It whips up nice and light and it makes and makes enough to frost a 2 layer 9" cake as well as 2 dozen cupcakes.
Enjoy




Rich Chocolate Buttercream
2 oz baking chocolate



2 oz semi sweet chocolate chips



1 C butter



4 C powdered sugar



2 t vanilla



1/4 C coco



1/4 C milk



Melt chocolates and set aside.



Cream butter, coco, half of the sugar

Add melted chocolate, vanilla, milk, remaining sugar

mix until fluffy

Makes 3 3/4 cups of frosting

I'm linking this up to Yummy Fridays over at Yummy Mummy














12 comments:

carolinaheartstrings said...

That does look fantastic. I cannot wait to give it a try. Come over and visit us and check out the chilled cantaloupe recipe. Leave a comment and the the Fairy Hobmother may grant you a wish with our great give away.

a quiet life said...

i love cake, but that last pic is the best!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie Anne - Thanks so much for visiting my blog. When we decided to invest in a KitchenAid - it had to be the blue one! I love, love, love chocolate and cake so I will definitely give this a try - looks so yummy!

Debra said...

Yum, as always your recipes are mouthwatering! :)

Anonymous said...

higher search engine ranking internet marketing seo backlinks google backlinks

buy wow account said...

OH my! looks very delicious.=D

Candy said...

I just knew you would come through for me! Jace has requested cupcakes with chocolate frosting for his birthday party. I couldn't find a good recipe in any of my cookbooks, so I knew just where else to look! Thanks, Laurie!

Candy said...

P.s.: I'm sure this is a dumb question, but what is baking chocolate? Can I sub choc. chips for it?

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just wish to offer you a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I'll be returning to your site for more soon.

[url=http://onlinepokiesking4u.com]click here[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I just wish to give you a huge thumbs up for the excellent info you have here on this post. I am coming back to your web site for more soon.

[url=http://onlinepokiesking4u.com]Jason: online pokies[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just would like to offer you a huge thumbs up for the excellent information you've got here on this post. I am returning to your website for more soon.

[url=http://xrumergeek.com]our homepage[/url]

Anonymous said...

You're so cool! I do not believe I've read through anything like that before. So great to find somebody with unique thoughts on this subject matter. Really.. thanks for starting this up. This site is one thing that's needed on the web, someone with a little originality!

[url=http://truebluepokies4u.com]pokies bonus[/url]